Rhymes for Oct'09

I'm a Little Teapot
(the original version)

First verse:
I'm a little teapot,
Short and stout
Here is my handle (one hand on hip),
Here is my spout (other arm out straight)
When I get all steamed up,
Hear me shout
Just tip me over and pour me out! (lean over toward spout)

Second Verse:
I'm a clever teapot,
Yes it's true
Here let me show you
What I can do

I can change my handle
And my spout (switch arm positions)
Just tip me over and pour me out!

(lean over toward spout)

.
"The Teapot Song" (commonly known as "I'm a Little Teapot") is a song describing the heating and pouring of a teapot. The song was originally written by George Harry Sanders and Clarence Kelley; and published in 1939. It is a simplified version from the "Waltz Clog", a popular and easy-to-learn tap dance routine, written for the younger "tots" to master with minimal skills and exploite the childrens' natural talent for pantomime. The song and the accompanying dance, the "Teapot Tip", then became enormously popular in America and overseas.
.
Created on 30th Sept 2009